Race day is almost here! On Sunday, April 27, the fourth annual Alive to Strive Race will get underway at Hog’s Back Park and the Terry Fox Athletic Facility. On-line registration is closed but it is not too late to join the race.
If you are registering on Friday, April 25 or Saturday, April 26, or on race day, here is what you need to know for late registration.
Where and When to Register:
- Friday: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. at the Running Room Bank Street (901 Bank Street)
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Terry Fox Athletic Facility (2960 Riverside Drive)
- 5K and 10K: starting at 8 a.m. at Hog’s Back Park (there may be a line up so please arrive early)
- 1K: starting at 10 a.m. at Terry Fox Athletic Facility
Race Fees: CASH ONLY
- 6 and under are free
- 1K: $15
- 5K and 5K Wheelchair Race: $40; youth 7-12 $20
- 10K: $50
5K team challenge: $120 (team of 4), $20 per extra teammate (max of 10 participants in total)
- 9:45 a.m. – 5K Wheelchair Race
- 10:00 a.m. – 10K (Start line on Hog’s Back Road)
- 10:30 a.m.- 5K (Start line on Hog’s Back Road)
- 10:45 a.m.- 5K team challenge (Start line on Hog’s Back Road)
- 11:30 a.m.- 1K (Start line on Terry Fox Athletic Facility track)
- 12:00 p.m.- Award Ceremony (Terry Fox Athletic Facility)
All races finish on the track at Terry Fox Athletic Facility.
Route maps available here.
* please make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before your event
** no pets allowed on the race course, with the exception of guide dogs for the blind
*** strollers are allowed in the 5K, 5K team challenge and 1K
****anyone registered in the 5K, 5K team or 10K are invited to participate in the 1K for free, in support of people living with kidney disease!
Parking will be available at Hog’s Back Park, Terry Fox Athletic Facility and nearby city streets.
Events throughout the day at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility:
- Free meal (beef stew and vegetable stew) available for all participants after their event
- Free massages from Pro Physio starting at 10:30am
- A health check booth by the University of Ottawa Nursing program to take blood pressure, blood glucose, heart rate and education on nutrition
- Award ceremony for overall winners (1K, 5K, 5K wheelchair, 5K team challenge and 10K) as well as age categories for the 5K and 10K, top fundraiser, and team spirit will start at 12:00pm