- Offered twice a week for one hour, for a period of eight weeks;
- Taught by a certified kinesiologist;
- The instructor is aware of the different types of dialysis access (PD catheter, fistula, grafts, and central lines).
- 5K Group training is designed to help individuals prepare for the Alive to Strive Race 2020;
- Personalized and adapted to individuals living with chronic kidney disease. Classes help individuals to slowly progress towards being able to WALK or RUN the 5K at the Alive to Strive Race 2020 on Sunday, April 26, 2020.
- Geared to bring individuals together who share similar experiences and who can motivate each other in a positive and comfortable environment; open to family members and friends of dialysis patients as well as to the general public for a fee per person;
- Covered by the Alive to Strive Kidney Fitness Project for individuals living with chronic kidney disease. Individual must be followed by the Ottawa Hospital or be living within the Champlain LHIN boundaries. Individuals must submit an Active Living Grant Application. A letter from a renal social worker is NOT required.
2197 Riverside Drive – Ottawa
To Register, call: 613-521-3222
|Start Date||End Date||Time||Days|
|Wednesday March 4th, 2020||Friday April 24th, 2020||4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Wednesdays and Fridays|