PLEASE NOTE: all group classes have been cancelled as of March 13, 2020 due to the COVID19 pandemic, and will resume once the situation is safe for all participants.
One hour classes, twice a week in a comfortable environment. We understand and adapt to the needs of individuals living with chronic kidney disease.
Everyone has to start somewhere; this could be your start to feeling better!
- Offered twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 hour class, ongoing
- Taught by a certified kinesiologist
- The instructor is aware of all the different types of dialysis accesses (PD catheter, fistula, grafts, and central lines).
- Personalized and adapted to individuals living with chronic kidney disease
- To bring individuals together that share similar experiences and to motivate each other in a positive and comfortable environment
- Open to family members and friends of dialysis patients as well as to the general population for the cost of $130 per person.
- Covered by Alive to Strive Kidney Fitness Project for individuals living with chronic kidney disease. Individual must be followed by the Ottawa Hospital or living within the Champlain LHIN boundaries. Individuals must submit an Active Living Grant Application, but a letter from a renal social worker is NOT required.
McNabb Recreational Center – 180 Percy, Ottawa
Offered by Ottawa Osteopathy and Sport Therapy
To Register, call 613-521-3222
Free parking, wheelchair and OC transpo accessible, and familiar to Para Transpo.
Classes take place from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fitness Room.