The 2017 Alive to Strive Race is on Sunday, April 30th, at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility
The Alive to Strive Race is an excellent opportunity to raise awareness of kidney disease and educate the public about kidney health. It provides a fun and supportive opportunity for those living with kidney disease and anyone else, no matter what their fitness level, to train and reach their fitness goals.
The Alive to Strive Race day is filled with activities including the 1 km walk/fun walk, the 5 km walk/run, the 5K wheelchair race, the 5 km team challenge and the 10 km walk/run. Our race course runs along the beautiful National Capital Commission pathway along the Rideau Canal and takes participants past Carleton University. Our course is unique as participants get to cross the finish line on the Terry Fox Athletic Facility track. We offer a certified course for participants who require qualifying times for other races.
The race serves as an excellent warm up to the Ottawa Race Weekend.
Other features included:
- Disposable timing chip for 5K, 5K Wheelchair race, 5K Team Challenge and 10K
- Youth prices for the 5K event
- Long sleeve tech shirts ($20)
- Registration Area at Hog’s Back Park (5K, 5K Wheelchair race, 5K team challenge, 10K)
- Registration Area at Terry Fox Athletic Facility (1K)
- Free healthy lunch (a meat option and a vegetarian option)
- Information booths
- Health check booth
- Massage therapy