The 2019 Alive to Strive Race is on Sunday, April 28 at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility.
Alive to Strive Kidney Fitness Project is a non-profit organization committed to education, prevention and public awareness about chronic kidney disease. We are a front line organization, working directly with individuals living with chronic kidney disease.
We will be hosting our 9th annual race event on April 28th 2019 at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility. All funds generated as a result of the race will be used to support our “Active Living Grant Program”, benefiting individuals in the Ottawa area living with chronic kidney disease.
Our Race Features:
- EVENTS: Three Amigos 1K walk/run, 5K walk/run, 5K Team Challenge and 10K walk/run
- Disposable timing chip for 5K walk/run, 5K Team Challenge and 10K walk/run
- Youth prices for the 5K events
- Long sleeve tech shirts ($20)
- Registration Area at Hog’s Back Park (5K, 5K team challenge, 10K)
- Registration Area at Terry Fox Athletic Facility (1K)
- Free healthy lunch (meat option and vegetarian option)
- Information booths
Three Amigos 1K walk/run – Our 1K walk is ideal for supporting individuals with kidney disease and promoting the benefits of fitness. This is our most popular event with the kids!
Fresenius Medical Care 5K walk/run – Our 5K race us a competitive run or walk that follows the same route as our 10K but loops back by Carleton University. This is our most popular event with the greatest range of athletic abilities. Youth price is available for this event (7-12 years old).
5K Team Challenge walk/run – A unique team building experience! Groups of 4 to 10 are challenged to record their best time; the four best times per team are added together to determine the fastest team. The course follows the same route as our 5K.
10K walk/run – Our 10K is a competitive race that follows the Rideau Canal. In 2013, our top runner posted a time of 32:06. This year, the 10K will be open to those who wish to walk the course, but it must be completed under 2 hours.
Dialysis Patients 1K, 5K and 10K walk/run – Individuals receiving dialysis treatments can register for free to the 1K, 5K and 10K. Units where the individual is receiving dialysis will be verified.
Kids 6 & under walk/run – Kids 6 and under can also participate for free but must be registered and accompanied by an adult at all time. Kids can walk/run or be in a stroller.
All values in CAD
Before March 1st, 2019
Before April 1st 2019
Before April 24th 2019
|Race Kit Pick Up and Race Day Registration
April 26th, 27th, and 28th
|EVENTS||Regular||Youth 12 & under||Regular||Youth 12 & under||Regular||Youth 12 & under||Regular||Youth 12 & under|
|Three Amigos 1K walk/fun run||$10||$15||$15||$20|
|5K Team Challenge walk/run*||$30||$35||$40||$50|
|10 K walk/run||$45||$50||$55||$60|
1K, 5K, 10K walk/run
|Kids 6 & under walk/run||FREE|
*Teams must have a minimum of 4 runners and a maximum 10 runners. For each additional team member over 4 there will be an additional fee. The 5K Team Challenge is not a relay, ALL team members must run the whole 5 km. Each team’s 4 best times will be added to determine the winners.
We will have a tent near the big tent in the Athlete’s Village at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility. Please present yourself at the tent 30 minutes after crossing the finish line to verify results.
- 8:00 AM
- Race Day Registration for all 5K events and 10K (at Hog’s Back Park)
- 10:00 AM
- 10K walk/run (must be under 2 hrs)
- 10:00 AM
- Race Day Registration for the 1K (at Terry Fox Athletic Facility)
- 10:30 AM
- 5K walk/run
- 10:45 AM
- 5K Team Challenge
- 11:30 AM
- Family Friendly 1K walk/run
Parking is free at Hog’s Back Park, Terry Fox Athletic Facility, and on nearby side streets. Paid parking at Mooney’s Bay.
Three Amigos 1K Walk/Fun Run: Start and finish on Terry Fox Track.
5K walk/run: Starts at Hogs Back Road (near the Terry Fox Athletic Facility), turns down Colonel By Drive for an out and back route returning to Hogs Back Road and feeding in to the Terry Fox Athletic Facility for a final 200 m around the track to the finish.
5K Team Challenge: This race will begin and follow the same path as the 5 km Run/Walk. Teams will consist of 4 to 10 members. All members run the whole 5 km. The top 4 times from each team will be used to determine the winning team!
10K walk/run: Starts at Hogs Back Road (near the Terry Fox Athletic Facility), turns down Colonel By Drive for an out and back route returning to Hogs Back Road and feeding in to the Terry Fox Athletic Facility for a final 200m around the track to the finish.
Alive to Strive Race 2017 Tech long sleeve shirts are available for an additional $20.
Race Kit Pickup times and locations:
Friday, April 26th, 2019
Saturday, April 27th, 2019
2960 Riverside Drive
Sunday, April 28th, 2019 (Race Day)
- 5K, 5K team and 10K at Hog’s Back Park starting at 8:00am
- Three Amigos 1K at Terry Fox Athletic Facility starting at 10:00 am.
Online registration will close April 25 at 11:59 p.m. Late entries to all races will be accepted at Race Kit Pickup (Friday and Saturday) as well as on race day Sunday, April 30 starting at 8 a.m. unless event has been sold out.
* Participants must register a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the start time of their event. If a participant registers later, his/her time chip will not be activated and he/she will not have an official time.
Late registrations are available during race kit pick times on Friday April 26th, Saturday April 27th and Sunday April 28th must be paid in cash ONLY
Late Registration Fees:
Three Amigos 1K – $15
5K – $50, youth $20
10K – $60
5K Team Challenge – $50
Please note: Athletes competing with Wheelchair — This race navigates over curbs and/or sidewalks, making it unsuitable for wheelchair racing. It may be suitable for recreational competitors. Please consult further with Marie-Eve Chainey if interested firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the safety of all participants, no in-line skates or animals (with the exception of guide-dogs) will be allowed on any of the courses or at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility. Participants with strollers are allowed but will be asked to start at the back of the group to prevent any injuries.
- Race Tech long sleeve shirts are available for an additional $20.
- The 10K is a walk/run event but must be completed within 2 hours
- Timing chip for the 5K walk/run, 5K Team Challenge and 10K walk/run will done by Quidchrono and will be included in your race kit on the back of your bib.
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. Nor can we transfer your entry to another participant or to another year. Alive To Strive Kidney Fitness Project, in consultation with city officials and local law enforcement agencies, has the authority to cancel any event for emergency purposes. If such emergency conditions force cancellation, refunds cannot necessarily be provided since funds may have been already been spent in preparation for Run Day.
Name: Marie-Eve Chainey