1. Can I sell or transfer my race entry to another runner if I am unable to run the race due to injury or other circumstances?
Race entries are non refundable and non transferable under any circumstance.
2. Am I able to push my child in a baby jogger or stroller device for the 1 km, 5 km or 10 km events?
For safety reasons, baby joggers or strollers are permitted in all events but must start at the back of the start line to prevent any accidents with runners.
3. Are walkers welcome in any of the events of the Alive to Strive Race 2014?
Walkers are welcome and encouraged for all of the events.
4. How many water stations will be set up on the course?
There will be 6 water stations for the 10 km, 3 waters stations for the 5 km and 1 water station for the 1 km.
5. Are pets allowed at the event?
For safety reasons, pets are not allowed at the event (with the exception of guide dogs).
6. Do participants need photo identification to pick up their registration package?
All entrants must be prepared to show photo identification at time of race kit pick up.
7. Am I able to pick up a race kit for someone else?
Pickup of another person’s race kit is permitted by showing photo identification of that individual.
8. Where do I pick up and return the timing chip?
The timing chip will be on the bib and is disposable. You will get it in your race kit and you do not have to return it.
9. What services are provided for runners at the Race Site at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility?
There are bathrooms and change rooms located at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility and also closer to the sart line at Hog’s Back Park. You will also have access to a bag check station at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility.
There will be a health check booth, information booths for charities involved in the Race, an athletes’ village, a kidney-friendly lunch and an awards ceremony. Runners will also have access to massage therapists.
10. What if my shirt doesn’t fit me?
Every effort is made to order enough shirts in all sizes but once numbers in specific sizes run out, a runner must select a shirt in another size. Unfortunately, no new orders for shirts will be taken and sent out after the race.
11. Is there a Lost and Found Area at the race site?
All lost and found items will be sent to the Information Desk which is located at the Terry Fox Athletic Facility main entrance.
12. Do we have to pay for kids taking part at the event?
We are a family friendly event. Kids are encouraged to participate in the 1 km and 5 km. For these two events there are no entry fees for children 6 years and under. We now have a youth price for children 7 to 12 years old.
13. Will there be medals for all participants?
Unfortunately, we will not have participant medals. But there will be random prizes given to those still present at the awards ceremony.
14. Will credit or debit cards be accepted at the event?
No. Everything purchased at the event must be paid in cash.